The news of the death on Saturday, October 28, of famous actor Matthew Perry, who played the character Chandler Bing in the hit TV series "Friends", on Saturday, October 28, stunned both his loved ones and his fans. The results of preliminary tests in the case of the actor’s death have now been published. It appears that Matthew Perry's death was not caused by a fentanyl or methamphetamine overdose.
Matthew Perry, best known for his role as Chandler in the hit TV series Friends, passed away at the age of 54 on Saturday, October 28. He was found dead in his Los Angeles home in a jacuzzi. The results of preliminary tests show that the actor's death was not caused by an overdose of fentanyl or methamphetamine, TMZ reports.
Matthew Perry had no traces of fentanyl or methamphetamine in his system.
Thus, there were no traces of fentanyl or methamphetamine in Matthew Perry's body. Additionally, in the meantime, more complex toxicology tests are being conducted to determine if the actor had other banned substances in his blood or had high levels of prescription drugs. After 4-6 months, the results of these tests will be available and may lead to the coroner determining the cause of death.
Several prescription drugs were found in the famous actor's home, all of which were prescribed by doctors to treat various diseases that he had been diagnosed with. Law enforcement determined that the drugs were properly stored in sealed containers.
'Friends' actor's co-stars devastated by loss
Shortly after news of Matthew Perry's death broke, his Friends co-stars shared a short message together expressing their devastation at the loss.
“We are completely devastated by the loss of Matthew. We weren't just co-stars. We were family. There is so much to say, but now we need to mourn and process this unfathomable loss,” the actors said in a statement to the American tabloid People.